TIPPING IS PLAIN STUPID!
BOTTOM LINE:

So why do we allow this scam, in the form/system of "tipping," to go on by our participation in this practice? Easy! Mainly because of the massive social pressure on us to do so.

Also, there is the vanity aspect--we ourselves, love to tip-- "put on the dog," as they say --by impressing ourselves and others in our demonstarted generosity and ability to reward, handsomely, those "underlings" --yes, perceived underlings, if you care to be honest with yourself about it--even though said underlings may easily be pocketing higher wages than you yourself and for less effort.

And, their employers are laughing at all of us while they are quite content with their lower operating costs, as they, and the IRS, manipulate the whole scene to their personal advantage.

What If.... All costs of going out for meals, etc.--both goods and services--were included in the cost as listed--just like most other things. No tips, surcharges, gratuities, no BS!, whatever...
WHAT A CONCEPT!!!

WAKE UP AMERICA!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

don't tip me

October 26 2004 at 6:20 PM
No score for this post
aztriks  (no login)
from IP address 69.156.146.172

I agree with some of the things that have been said but...I am a server and on a good night I can make 26 dollars an hour (Canadian). To put up with the bull**** that some I repeat some people feed you on a regular basis you would have to pay me 26 dollars an hour to do it. I don't know where people think it is an easy job to be constantly nice to people who are not nice to you with a big grin on your face.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Current Topic - don't tip me
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
THE ANTI-TIPPING SITE!

eXTReMe Tracker