CROSSROADS OF FAITH

Return to Main Board  

Youtube embed code

April 5 2015 at 8:52 PM
Vince  (no login)

This post is for the purpose of directly supplying the HTML code for embedding YouTubes on N54 forums. I don't know how long this code will work ... but for now, it seems to be working ok.

The problem with attempting to show code is that it DISAPPEARS the moment it's posted. So it gets very complicated, trying to explain what to do when one can't even show what to do with WHAT.

So I came up with this novel way of showing the code without having it disappear ... by NOT logging in to N54. On THIS forum ... if a person isn't logged in, HTML won't work and so it will SHOW in the post. Thus -for anyone interested- I will post the HTML code here ... which will allow anyone to make a post with embedded Youtube video on a N54 forum.

I have two different codes that work. Try whichever one you want. The size of the YouTube frame will be different in the two codes.

#1 (smaller)

<object width="480" height="385"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#2 (bigger)

<object width="800" height="400"><param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></object></P>

Copy the code and paste it into a Wordpad file (or whatever other editor you want) and save the file somewhere for later use. I like to keep mine on the desktop, pinned to the taskbar.

Here's how to use the code to create an embed...

Copy the address of your YouTube and paste it into your N54 post like this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCF1gGII4R4

Copy and paste the code you want ... underneath that address.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCF1gGII4R4

<object width="480" height="385"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Copy the last piece of the YouTube address which comes after the = sign ... and paste it in between the forward slash after v ... and the quotation mark " ... like this ...
com/v/HCF1gGII4R4" type ...

so that you get this ...

<object width="480" height="385"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/HCF1gGII4R4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Then, click on the Preview button at the bottom of your post to see if it shows the video. If it does, you've succeeded. Click the Submit button or the Post button (if you go back to your composition).

Note: You can't go back and edit your post later -after it's been submitted- without having the embed destroyed. As soon as the post goes online, N54 changes the code inside. The embed will still work but if you "touch" it by editing, it will cease working.

Good luck! Hope it works for you. It likely won't work with Internet Explorer but it's been tested and works with Google Chrome and FireFox.

-Vince

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Different Beliefs and Personal Faiths