NT scan results and question re. Fragile XDecember 10 2010 at 10:32 AM
|Cindy (no login)|
Good morning everyone. I had my NT scan yesterday, and combined w/ the blood results, the risk of Downs and Trisomy 18 were considered quite low, like one out of tens of thousands (forgot the specific numbers, but was just so relieved to hear of the low risk!)
During the genetic counseling portion, however, I was informed that due to my high FSH background, they have flagged me as a possible Fragile X carrier. I will not know if I'm a carrier until blood results return next week.
I was a little surprised that my RE had not tested me before for Fragile X (he requested tests for Cystic Fibrosis and DNA karyotyping, both of which came back fine).
So if it's not one thing...it's another. Are the chances of being a Fragile X carrier really high for us gals with high FSH/DOR/and/or POF?? Thanks for any info you might be able to share!
- Re: NT scan results and question re. Fragile X - Anonymous on Dec 10, 10:33 AM
- 33.5 years old, n/t - Cindy on Dec 10, 10:36 AM
- Not sure - Lindy on Dec 10, 10:38 AM
- Yeah, and Google's freaking me out... - Cindy on Dec 10, 10:42 AM
- i never got tested for it - Amy on Dec 10, 10:55 AM
- I think baby boys are more affected... - Cindy on Dec 10, 11:08 AM
- Yup ... - Shipin on Dec 10, 11:00 AM
- Ugh. - Cindy on Dec 10, 11:08 AM
- Don't worry .... - Shipin on Dec 10, 11:59 AM
- Thanks! - Cindy on Dec 10, 12:13 PM
- I agree - bethpky on Dec 10, 12:24 PM
- Thanks for the encouragement!! n/t - Cindy on Dec 10, 1:04 PM
- what? - Jamie on Dec 10, 11:59 AM
- I didn't know much about it either... - Cindy on Dec 10, 12:15 PM
- all of my REs have tested for it or confirmed that I was tested for it - Anonymous on Dec 10, 12:21 PM
- Re: NT scan results and question re. Fragile X - Anonymous on Dec 10, 5:31 PM
- Thanks for the advice! - Cindy on Dec 10, 5:59 PM
- You would think - Caitlin on Dec 13, 2:37 PM