Re: fsh only counts if it's tested on days 2-3 of your periodJanuary 26 2011 at 2:58 PM
|mel (Login melwr)|
Response to fsh only counts if it's tested on days 2-3 of your period
thanks for your response. blood test was done to test hormone levels and that was the FSH reading...not sure how accurate these readings are when period is absent, since as you said it is normally done day 2-3 of cycle.
I train 3-4 days a week, averaging 20-40 miles a week. Originally, RE thought it was due to exercise, until he saw my FSH levels and then was convinced exercise played no role in this. Did an ultrasound and said thin lining of the uterus and small ovaries was consistent with menopause given high FSH levels.
Not prepared to give up hope yet. A little nervous to go on BC pills, but if that will help me, then I'll do it.
- AFC - Alli on Jan 26, 2011, 4:41 PM
- Re: fsh only counts if it's tested on days 2-3 of your period - Anonymous on Jan 26, 2011, 5:29 PM
- correction - Anonymous on Jan 26, 2011, 5:38 PM
- Re: correction - mel on Jan 26, 2011, 5:46 PM
- great, here's another one - Anonymous on Jan 26, 2011, 6:13 PM
- Intense exercise such as running DOES have a role... - ZakiaZ on Jan 26, 2011, 9:58 PM
- This is rediculous... - ZakiaZ on Jan 26, 2011, 10:05 PM
- my cycles got so much better when I changed my exercise habits - Jamie on Jan 26, 2011, 11:31 PM