Return to Index  

That happened to me m/c ment.

March 24 2011 at 11:06 AM
ZakiaZ  (no login)

Response to smart!

and it is torture even to this day after 2 successful pgs.

It was hot blazing summer and I was running at least 16K a day with a huge backpack on my back. Running to and from work every day. I didn't know I was pg.

Had a m/c at 6+ wks (the u/s dated the pg). To this day I beat myself up about that. What happens is that your body takes care of it's immediate needs. Heart, lung function etc. If you're pg and your exercising is too much for your body to handle, then you know what can happen.....it's a survival thing. The dominant activity takes the lead...which is - the exercise.

Common sense tells me that the pg was doomed anyway, but one just never knows. I was exercising in extreme conditions and really pushing it. I was trying to do 10K in under 45 mins. for e.g. and this is after my job in a gym where I was teaching 2 - 3 classes a day and working out with weights and I don't do petty weight training. It was hard core pumping iron. 4 - 5 days a week.

I don't want anyone to go through this. It's not worth the lifelong aggravation. Luckily for me I had 2 ds's in the end, but had I not been so lucky, that loss could have sent me into a depression.

Z.

Respond to this message