This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

question about cold/flu during pregnancy

March 25 2011 at 12:36 PM
Cindy  (no login)

Hi ladies,

I have been pretty lucky--27 weeks and have felt pretty good overall. For the past couple of days, however, I have had some cold/flu symptoms (runny nose, congestion, sore throat, cough). It doesn't seem like it's anything terribly serious.

Just wondering, however, if there's a need to go to the doctor. Are there extra tests or other precautionary items for a doctor to look into? Or is the best thing just to rest, take fluids, etc. and let it run its course?

Thanks!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I had a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE sinus infection... - MargieD on Mar 25, 2011, 1:16 PM
  3. sorry you are sick! - sch1star on Mar 25, 2011, 3:09 PM
  5. try a netti pot - maureen from high fsh board on Mar 25, 2011, 3:12 PM
  7. With ds #1 I had probably one cold... - ZakiaZ on Mar 25, 2011, 3:22 PM
    1. Thanks, everyone for your great suggestions! n/t - Cindy on Mar 25, 2011, 4:00 PM