Dipping baby toe over on this board... (m/c ment.)March 31 2011 at 12:00 PM
|Meg (Login NateDog03)|
I've been a board member for many years, having discovered the High FSH board in 2007. I'm a 2009 grad of this board, delivering my high fsh baby in July of 09.
We recently started TTC again in Oct. after weaning DS from BFing. My cycles were screwy, which can be expected, I guess, after not having them for two years. Then, after two cycles, AF went awol again, and I started to panic that I was heading into menopause. I was hoping to conceive naturally this time, but it didn't look like that was going to happen, so I went back to my wonderful RE (who I found via the Over 40 board).
My cycles then returned, so my RE wanted to monitor me to see what was going on. My CD3 results were as follows:
I was pretty pleased with the FSH because my highest has been 27. The AFC was kind of low for me. Three years ago it was more in the 7-10 range. I know, not a huge difference but I was reading something bad into it.
Anyway, since this was just a cycle to monitor what was going on with me, I went in again on cd10 and I had a 17 mm and 11 mm. E2 was at 138. I chart, and noted that I ovulated on cd15, and on cd17 I started prometrium (100 mg 3x/day), which I had asked my RE to prescribe. (My LP has always been too short.) I was also taking a low-dose aspirin a day, which RE had told me to do last time due to a slight clotting disorder.
Went back again on cd21 for a p4 check to see if I O'd. P4 came back at 40.
After that, the RE had me come in for a consult to discuss next steps. We discussed all my b/w results, and he said "Well, you're still O'ing which is a good thing." But, he discussed my AMH score, which had come back at .37. That part depressed me because three years ago, it was .47. Still not great, but an obvious decline. RE told me "your ovaries are slowing down, so we need to do something now if you want to." He wanted to do what we did last time, which was a low-stim IUI. This, of course, would only be covered by insurance if I passed the dreaded clomid challenge test. (Not a chance in hell I'd pass that, since I failed miserably when I was 36 five years ago.)
He also wanted me to do an hsg, which I was going to schedule on cd1 of AF.
On a whim, at 11dpo I took an OPK as an HPT since that's all I had in the house. Not sure why. I was crampy and had AF headache. But it came back glaringly ++. I froze because the only other time that had happened was when I was PG. Ran out and bought an HPT. +++ immediately.
Anyway, I'm scared because I've had early losses before. I also had some spotting, but, that's stopped for now. (Knock wood.) But got two betas back so far:
Don't go back again until next Weds. for #3.
So, as I said, just dipping my baby toe in over here. I hope and pray I can stick around and get to know all you ladies better.
DH: 41, SA great
DS born 2003 on Clomid cycle
TTC#2 2.5 years
10/06: BFP, m/c at 7 weeks
7/07: dx high FSH (11.2)
10/07: Changed REs; Day 3 AFC of 6.
2/08: New RE, even crappier FSH of 20.5.
3/08: Another new RE, much more positive; will do a couple IUIs then possibly IVF.
3/08: BFP chemical on natural cycle; FSH 26.2; AFC 10
5/08: Hysteroscopy revealed large polyp on top of uterus, which RE removed.
6/08: FSH 3.8 (after two months of acu and herbs)! AFC of 8. Starting very low dose IUI: BFN.
8/08 FSH 27!! Started estrace after this to lower it.
9/08: FSH 6.9 (high e2 tho); low-stim IUI produced three follies. BFN.
11/08: FSH 8.6. Low-stim IUI. AFC of 8, two in the running at time of IUI. BFP! EDD: 7/28/09
7/27/09: Zachary Edward born! 7 lbs 11 oz, 20 in.
2/11: FSH 10.2. AFC of 5. Natural BFP! Hoping and praying for the best.
- congrats!! - Mrs. A on Mar 31, 12:14 PM
- Thanks! - Meg on Mar 31, 1:29 PM
- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! - erin on Mar 31, 2:54 PM
- LOL! - Meg on Mar 31, 3:29 PM
- Woooo Hooooo!!! - Lindy on Mar 31, 6:51 PM
- You know me... - Meg on Apr 1, 6:50 AM
- :) - juliemam (grad/co-mod) on Mar 31, 6:52 PM
- Thanks, Juliemam... - Meg on Apr 1, 6:51 AM
- anxiety loves company - sch1star on Mar 31, 6:53 PM
- Never prepared... - Meg on Apr 1, 6:52 AM
- So happy for you Meg. - lucy999 on Mar 31, 7:00 PM
- Thanks, Lucy! - Meg on Apr 1, 6:53 AM
- Great news! - Bethpky on Mar 31, 7:53 PM
- Thanks, Bethpky! - Meg on Apr 1, 6:53 AM
- Congrats..... - Sarah on Mar 31, 8:55 PM
- Thanks, Sara... - Meg on Apr 1, 6:54 AM
- So so happy for you. - Jenna on Mar 31, 9:30 PM
- You are so sweet... - Meg on Apr 1, 6:55 AM
- Re: Dipping baby toe over on this board... (m/c ment.) - anon5 on Mar 31, 9:47 PM
- Yeah... - Meg on Apr 1, 6:55 AM
- congratulations Meg! - Jamie on Apr 1, 7:27 PM
- Thanks so much, Jamie... - Meg on Apr 1, 9:16 PM
- Congrats Meg!! nt - DarriasD on Apr 4, 3:35 PM