This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

I'd ask

April 2 2011 at 10:09 AM
Mrs. A  (no login)

Response to OB advice?

how experienced they are with dealing with infertility patients. For me, that's my biggest gripe with my current OB. I chose him years ago, (when I thought getting PG was going to be easy), based on hospital privileges, the fact that he's a solo practice, and my GYN at the time also supported me selecting him. Fast forward years later and I'm PG after this crazy battle and naturally a nervous nelly and I find that my OB (despite me being very frank with him on my needs) doesn't get it. What I once saw as a positive - calm, laidback demeanor - I now see as frustrating. I've also seen a different side of him as an OB vs. as my GYN. Luckily - my RE (Dr. Check/Cooper) kept me under care until 11 weeks so I was getting all the warm and fuzzy treatment from them.

Is there a reason why you wouldn't use your exisiting GYN? Does he/she not OB?

Are you in Boston proper or outskirts? I have an IVF friend who is also a GYN (she's not OBing) and she's up there. I could ask her for a reco.

As for the NT, I'd responded on a prior post re: my experience - not sure if you saw.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/264844/message/1301530702/no%2C+no%2C+no

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Ty - sch1star on Apr 2, 2011, 12:51 PM
    1. What I did... - Meg on Apr 2, 2011, 1:26 PM
      1. I asked about - Mrs. A on Apr 2, 2011, 1:47 PM
        1. but you did get info at the scan itself? - sch1star on Apr 2, 2011, 8:42 PM
          1. absolutely got info - Mrs. A on Apr 2, 2011, 10:21 PM
      2. did you have to get a referral? - sch1star on Apr 2, 2011, 8:37 PM
        1. No referral... - Meg on Apr 2, 2011, 9:36 PM
          1. I have to say... - Mrs. A on Apr 2, 2011, 10:31 PM
            1. Hi - Meg on Apr 3, 2011, 12:06 AM
    2. ahhh - Mrs. A on Apr 2, 2011, 1:34 PM
      1. community hosp - sch1star on Apr 2, 2011, 8:50 PM