does the sting of infertility ever stop??April 18 2011 at 10:25 AM
|anon for this, please (no login)|
So everything's going well with me--pregnancy, etc. For so long after the BFP, I was just oozing gratitude, so thankful to be one of the lucky ones.
Don't get me wrong, I still feel blessed and my heart continues to ache for those who wish so badly to be on this board.
That said, in the past week or so, I found out that 6 friends/acquaintances have all recently gotten pregnant, all easily and naturally, well under 12 months of trying.
OF COURSE, I'm happy for them, but I couldn't help but feel that familiar stab of pain (which I thought I would no longer have now that I've had a very viable, very healthy pregnancy despite high FSH insanity). I had a hard time sleeping last night, mad at myself for being jealous, scared about how I would feel down the road if these same people easily got pregnant with No. 2 or even 3, all the while knowing that subsequent pregnancies for me would likely be another uphill battle, if not an impossibility.
Sigh. Anyone else go through this? Please don't mistake my rant as a pity party--I am mad at myself and want to slap myself for even feeling this way. Just hoping that someone out there can relate and have some wise words to cope with the envy.
- Emotional, personal struggle for me. - Rebekah on Apr 18, 11:11 AM
- I have no magic words.... (DD & TTC #2 & DE ment) - MargieD on Apr 18, 11:54 AM
- let yourself feel what you feel - Anonymous on Apr 18, 12:43 PM
- not anonymous - it's me - Mrs. A on Apr 18, 12:43 PM
- Definitely - Alli on Apr 18, 4:07 PM
- along those lines (death ment'd) - ekb88 on Apr 18, 8:17 PM
- very normal - Anonymous on Apr 18, 4:20 PM
- Thank you, everyone! - original poster on Apr 18, 4:31 PM
- "When will you have another one?" - MargieD on Apr 18, 6:32 PM
- "if you just relax, it will happen naturally" - sch1star on Apr 18, 8:21 PM
- If looks could kill.... - ZakiaZ on Apr 18, 10:18 PM
- Thanks for posting this - Mary on Apr 18, 8:18 PM
- mazda commercial - sch1star on Apr 18, 8:24 PM
- Oh absolutely..... - ZakiaZ on Apr 18, 10:17 PM
- It hasn't for me... - Blythe (co-moderator) on Apr 19, 12:03 AM
- not alone - anon5 on Apr 19, 12:38 AM
- to be honest (adoption ment) - Anon on Apr 21, 5:29 PM