This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

June 14 2011 at 2:15 PM
sch1star  (no login)

Response to I guess I could just come clean to the OB

If you hear that, make sure you are with an OB you are comfortable with. A good one will understand that after all we've been through, we are not your typical pg pt. I discussed with my OB and one of the nurses that I could absolutely not afford to approach this pregnancy in a re-active way - I was going to stick a needle in someone's eye if I had a m/c and was told "well now we know you need more P4 support." The truth is I may never be able to get this far again, so I get scared, and I want to take every precaution.

There is absolutely no problem with staying on P4. The timing of your OB appt is great and you can talk about stopping/tapering then, absolutely. I only mentioned it because depending on your levels you may be able to expect some fast relief from some of the symptoms like bloating, fatigue, and constipation! I saw a huge difference just when I went to every other day.

In any case, more power to you!!

Respond to this message   

1. that's right - Mrs. A on Jun 14, 2011, 2:26 PM
    1. I actually haven't met my OB yet - JulesM on Jun 14, 2011, 2:33 PM