Baby's engaged! and other stuff (Q re: natural childbirth)August 16 2011 at 1:40 PM
|Mrs. A (no login)|
I went for my standard check-up today and one of the things I mentioned to the NP was that my pubic bone and pubic area on the sides were really sore; not muscular sore but like a "bruised bone" pain. Getting up at night from bed (my bed is high) to go the bathroom multiple times is really really uncomfortable bordering on painful. She checked me and turns out the baby's head is waaay down in my pelvic area already. I'm 34W5D.
My iron is finally creeping up so looks like the new supps are working better than the rest we tried. Vitamin D is good and P4 was 119! They would not normally check the P4 at this point but I asked her for an order and she had obliged.
The sucky part of today's check-up? Looks like UTI has flared up again. ugh - so back on the antibiotics.
I start my official weekly check-ups week after next and they'll be directly with the OB and at that point we will finalize the birth plan.
So...who here has had natural childbirth without any meds whatsoever? I'm having a moment and am now considering this. DH thinks I am nuts. I probably am but want to at least consider it.
- Pain medication for me :-) - Tanya on Aug 16, 3:04 PM
- it's just - Mrs. A on Aug 16, 10:04 PM
- my experience - Jamie on Aug 16, 3:19 PM
- emergency c-section - Mrs. A on Aug 16, 10:06 PM
- wowee!! - sch1star on Aug 16, 3:47 PM
- I know!! - Mrs. A on Aug 16, 10:24 PM
- My thoughts & my experience.... - MargieD on Aug 16, 3:55 PM
- You probably already know this.... - MargieD on Aug 16, 5:07 PM
- yes - Mrs. A on Aug 16, 10:42 PM
- the way I'm feeling... - Mrs. A on Aug 16, 10:38 PM
- Sounds like you're getting close to "nesting"... :-) - MargieD on Aug 16, 10:58 PM
- I commend you for even considering it! - ALM on Aug 16, 10:58 PM
- Wow, you are down to the wire! - JulesM on Aug 16, 11:21 PM
- yeah but wait until - Mrs. A on Aug 16, 11:27 PM
- 4 natural underwater births and 1 epidural.... (l/c, birth and death all mentioned) - holleigh on Aug 17, 7:46 AM
- we're not prepared - Mrs. A on Aug 17, 1:19 PM
- Waterbirth takes place in hospital with doctor right there... - holleigh on Aug 18, 9:02 AM
- right on time!! - juliemam (grad/co-mod) on Aug 17, 2:21 PM
- Re: Baby's engaged! and other stuff (Q re: natural childbirth) - Rebekah on Aug 17, 9:57 PM
- Wow - getting really close! - Kristen on Aug 18, 3:05 AM
- On the home stretch! - Bethpky on Aug 18, 2:54 PM