This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

still losing weight....

September 8 2011 at 1:54 PM
bigboy  (no login)

i dont know if it's a big deal or not....i lost 2 pounds right away (like before i knew that i was pregnant) but that always happens when i conceive - i lose 1-2 pounds. but i weighed myself today and noticed that ive lost another pound-pound and a half...i dont do any exercise bc im so tired and, despite the nausea, im not throwing up and i can manage to get food in me (mostly cereal). but for example, today, i had 3 bowls of rice krispies for breakfast and then two bowls of coco puffs for lunch. do you think this is a big deal or is this somewhat normal in the beginning? i didnt continue to lose weight with my son...but maybe im just burning more calories because i have twins right now? im going to mention it to my doctor when i see him next week...but i dont think hooking me up to an IV or anything is necessary since i can get food down....idk. i know a lot of people lose tons of weight in the 1st trimester from throwing up and they are fine...but im already really thin to begin with so that's why im just a little worried...

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Have they given you Zofran yet? - Alli on Sep 8, 2011, 3:20 PM
    1. Re: Have they given you Zofran yet? - bigboy on Sep 8, 2011, 4:49 PM

2. maybe have your tsh checked? - maureen on Sep 8, 2011, 3:37 PM
  4. babies are OK - sch1star on Sep 8, 2011, 4:14 PM
    1. Re: babies are OK - bigboy on Sep 8, 2011, 4:51 PM

5. I lost 5 lbs in my first trimester - ekb88 on Sep 8, 2011, 7:20 PM
    1. Re: I lost 5 lbs in my first trimester - bigboy on Sep 8, 2011, 9:04 PM