Return to Index  

Third...

September 27 2011 at 12:15 PM
Sarah in Seattle  (Login SeattleSarah)

Response to Second this thought....

When we found out we were having a boy, I cried for DAYS. I didn't admit that to anyone for years but I can say it now. It took years for me to get pregnant through IVF and I doubted I would ever have another one and I had wanted a daughter for my entire life, probably because I had such an awful relationship with my own mother and I wanted a chance to undo that pain. My husband tried to make me feel better but it was no use. So fast forward to having my DS. I fell so madly in love with him and I am still madly in love with him 4 years later. He is gorgeous and sweet and funny and so loving and 100% boy adorableness. He is my best friend and we do everything together. He drives my husband nuts. We ended up having a miracle daughter from a natural pregnancy (my second high fsh miracle) and she and my husband are best friends and are always together. With my second pregnancy, I chose to not find out the sex because I was worried that if it was another boy I would be sad about it. So we had a delivery room surprise and then realized we had no idea what to do with a little girl. But you learn. I do love girl clothes I admit it but I've realized that I love boy clothes too. Check out Mini Boden for darling boy clothes. You will be inspired.

Either way, you will have ideas and dreams about what life will be like with a certain gender child but life will be very different from that dream. But the thing to know is that it will be wonderful. It's hard to know that when you're 20 weeks pregnant, trust me I remember it well, but try to keep that in mind.

Wishing you the best,
Sarah

Respond to this message