Return to Index  

37.5 weeks... Group B ++ and baby is Transverse again

October 21 2011 at 6:23 PM
holleigh  (no login)

Sorry I have not been posting more. I am COMPLETELY exhausted from not sleeping and worrying. I am 37.5 weeks and feeling really uneasy! I found out that I am Strep B positive, the baby was Transverse again this week (at last check on Wednesday), and measuring quite large. Just looking for some reassurance on my "plan."

One week ago baby measured 7 lb 12 oz, and I realize this can be off. But if it is gaining about an ounce a day, it is likely 8 lbs by now. My largest baby was 8 lb 8 oz and she caused me to tear pretty badly up high. I remember they had to pack me with gauze and tie my legs together. At one point they thought I was hemorrhaging and it was pretty scary.

As of 2 days ago, baby is transverse again. SO we have tentatively scheduled an External Cephalic Version (they will admit me and attempt to turn baby) for once I reach 39 weeks, followed by an immediate induction. I was hoping to avoid an induction, but they think it is necessary b/c baby keeps turning back to Transverse. So they want to keep it head down and then get me to go immediately into labor to avoid a c-section.

Now I am worried that being group b ++ I should avoid an induction if possible. I realize that baby still might turn on it's own and send me into natural labor. I am just really nervous now. Oh and I am measuring 40 weeks already too...

Just hoping for any feedback with similar scenarios... Should I forget my "plan" and just ask for a c-section? My youngest is almost 21 months and a total handful... DH is only taking 3-5 days off from work so I am worried about recovery from a c-section...

XO ~ Holleigh

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. it's been a while but I thought groupB meant c-sec? - juliemam on Oct 21, 8:44 PM
    1. Thanks Juliemam.... - holleigh on Oct 22, 9:11 AM

2. As hard as it is.... - sch1star on Oct 22, 11:07 PM
    1. thanks schstar1 - holleigh on Oct 23, 11:46 AM
      1. I think you are doing great! - sch1star on Oct 23, 6:51 PM

3. GL! - Meg on Oct 23, 2:46 PM
    1. thanks Meg... - holleigh on Oct 25, 11:26 AM

4. I was GB+ and induced - jkl on Oct 24, 10:32 AM
    1. jlk... - holleigh on Oct 25, 11:35 AM
      1. I wonder - jkl on Oct 27, 2:22 PM