This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

37.5 weeks... Group B ++ and baby is Transverse again

October 21 2011 at 6:23 PM
holleigh  (no login)

Sorry I have not been posting more. I am COMPLETELY exhausted from not sleeping and worrying. I am 37.5 weeks and feeling really uneasy! I found out that I am Strep B positive, the baby was Transverse again this week (at last check on Wednesday), and measuring quite large. Just looking for some reassurance on my "plan."

One week ago baby measured 7 lb 12 oz, and I realize this can be off. But if it is gaining about an ounce a day, it is likely 8 lbs by now. My largest baby was 8 lb 8 oz and she caused me to tear pretty badly up high. I remember they had to pack me with gauze and tie my legs together. At one point they thought I was hemorrhaging and it was pretty scary.

As of 2 days ago, baby is transverse again. SO we have tentatively scheduled an External Cephalic Version (they will admit me and attempt to turn baby) for once I reach 39 weeks, followed by an immediate induction. I was hoping to avoid an induction, but they think it is necessary b/c baby keeps turning back to Transverse. So they want to keep it head down and then get me to go immediately into labor to avoid a c-section.

Now I am worried that being group b ++ I should avoid an induction if possible. I realize that baby still might turn on it's own and send me into natural labor. I am just really nervous now. Oh and I am measuring 40 weeks already too...

Just hoping for any feedback with similar scenarios... Should I forget my "plan" and just ask for a c-section? My youngest is almost 21 months and a total handful... DH is only taking 3-5 days off from work so I am worried about recovery from a c-section...

XO ~ Holleigh

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. it's been a while but I thought groupB meant c-sec? - juliemam on Oct 21, 2011, 8:44 PM
    1. Thanks Juliemam.... - holleigh on Oct 22, 2011, 9:11 AM

2. As hard as it is.... - sch1star on Oct 22, 2011, 11:07 PM
    1. thanks schstar1 - holleigh on Oct 23, 2011, 11:46 AM
      1. I think you are doing great! - sch1star on Oct 23, 2011, 6:51 PM

3. GL! - Meg on Oct 23, 2011, 2:46 PM
    1. thanks Meg... - holleigh on Oct 25, 2011, 11:26 AM

4. I was GB+ and induced - jkl on Oct 24, 2011, 10:32 AM
    1. jlk... - holleigh on Oct 25, 2011, 11:35 AM
      1. I wonder - jkl on Oct 27, 2011, 2:22 PM