I am 39w3d today. We lost power last weekend for 4 days following a totally freak October snowstorm that dumped 2 feet of wet snow. I was so excited to get it back and finally have everything prepared for baby.
At appointment on Tuesday they did a cervix check and I was very thick and only a pencil tip dialted. I was sad, but we decided to postpone potential induction til Sunday night. I was scheduled to go in today for a re-check and woke up super excited.
I was about the french braid my 9-year old daughter's hair after she got out of the shower,,,, when I discovered LICE!! OMG NO. Yup... found it on my 6-year old son's head too. I have never had to deal with this before... why NOW?
I've already spent $70 on NIT, shower caps, olive oil and new brushes. My SIL came over and applied the NIT treatment to 3 of my kids. This after spending $100 on gas for our generator last weekend. And we are supposed to be in SAVE mode.
I am clean of Lice so far, as is my 22 month old. We put preventative treatments on her and I (olive oil saturating our hair with shower caps on top) just in case. Actually I just finished doing this to the older 3 too. They recommend doing it for the next 7 nights and then re-applying the NIT treatment. I even had to buzz cut my son's hair (pedi suggested I SHAVE his head... can you imagine?)
My OB tried to cancel my appointment when I called to ask if it would be OK for me to treat the kids myself. They let me come in only after I lost it on the phone. They met me with a hospital cap and everyone there wore one too. I had an U/S and baby is now measuring 8lb 15oz. No change at all to my cervix, but at least baby is head down- still high up though. I am really getting worried b/c I had such a hard time getting my only other "big" baby out, and she was only 8lb 8oz at birth. I also tore up high and bled a lot. All this extra stress is sort of sending me into a tail spin right now...
So I have to go back Monday for another check... At that point they will schedule the induction either way if I want... but he warned me it may take days. I've been doing laundry all day today and still have about 10 more loads to get through. I put all our pillows and stuffed toys into the basement where they will have to stay for 2 solid weeks with no human contact. What an environment to bring a newborn into...
Tomorrow is our trick or treat (they had to reschedule due to the storm, the downed power lines and lack of power)... I am truly a wreck right now.