Questions re: circumcisionDecember 6 2011 at 9:29 AM
|JulesM (no login)|
So this has been on my mind lately and I thought I would come to you gals for your experience and/or thoughts regarding circumcision.
I do not have any religious reasons to circumcise if we have a son but considering it is the "norm" to have it done I just assumed we would. However, now I am having second thoughts. I have 2 nephews and the son of one of my cousin's who had some post-circumcision issues. My cousin's child actually had to have it re-done when he was about 1 and a half years old. My sister's son who is 4y/o had some extra skin left and pretty much had an "innie" until about 3 y/o.
Do any of you know what type of Dr does the circumcions post-natal? Is it an OB or a Urologist? I could ask my OB... but my appointment isn't until the end of next week. A friend of mine suggested waiting a few weeks after birth and having it done by a pediatric urologist. I'm just confused at what will be best for my baby. I'll be giving birth at a teaching hospital and know that if I do decide to have it done after birth that I will insist on having an Attending (not a resident or intern) do it.
My DH doesn't have a strong opinion on this subject. He, himself was born in Ireland where it is not common practice to circumcise (at least not when he was born) so he is not but his son from a previous marriage is.
Any thoughts, opinions, ideas are appreciated...
- We used a ped urologist - Alli on Dec 6, 2011, 9:56 AM
- Thanks Alli - JulesM on Dec 6, 2011, 10:32 AM
- Re: Questions re: circumcision - anonymous on Dec 6, 2011, 11:00 AM
- no anonymous, me^^^^ - Wren on Dec 6, 2011, 11:01 AM
- Thanks Wren - JulesM on Dec 6, 2011, 11:58 AM
- Re: Thanks Wren - wren on Dec 6, 2011, 1:02 PM
- If I had a boy he would have been circumcised - Mrs. A on Dec 6, 2011, 12:29 PM
- Thanks Mrs A - JulesM on Dec 6, 2011, 1:16 PM
- same here - Jamie on Dec 6, 2011, 10:30 PM
- It is usually done prior to - lucy999 on Dec 6, 2011, 1:47 PM
- Re: Questions re: circumcision - cbsgirl on Dec 6, 2011, 5:02 PM
- Re: Questions re: circumcision - Whitney on Dec 6, 2011, 7:15 PM
- Lol... My Poor DS - Alli on Dec 6, 2011, 9:18 PM
- Thanks girls. - JulesM on Dec 6, 2011, 7:28 PM
- Thanks for posting this ? I'm thinking about it, too n/t - ALM on Dec 6, 2011, 10:51 PM
- I would do it for religious reasons, however, also.. - BabyDance on Dec 8, 2011, 8:22 AM
- Thanks Baby Dance - JulesM on Dec 8, 2011, 11:17 AM