This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

Gestational Diabetes test due next week....

February 9 2012 at 2:57 PM
Mo  (Login moelle)

sorry, I have not posted much here. Hope you don't think I am cheeky for joining in at this late stage

I am now on my 4th pregnancy and had my 34 weeks scan and the baby's tummy is measuring really big. I didn't like to ask (as the scan lady was totally not approachable) but I am 34 wks 1 day and what kept appearing on the screen was somethings like 42wks+ over and over (because she kept re-measuring).

So I got sent up to see the midwife team (I asked this scan lady if she thought GD but she refused to answer so you can see why I didn't like to ask her too many questions)

Anyway, the midwife I saw upstairs was much more friendly and reassuring and said it was probably fine as she could see I am very tall and I told her so is my DH and since all my 3 babies have been born big that it is probably genetic.

Nonetheless, I do feel a tad nervous as at the end of the day, I don't really look forward to delivering an enormous baby

Since xmas, I have been eating way too much chocolate (and I still have xmas chocolates to eat). What should I be eating to ensure that I don't have or get GD or too big a baby. I am going to stay off sugar as much as I can from now on.

This message has been edited by moelle on Feb 9, 2012 2:57 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Mo, - Sara H on Feb 9, 2012, 3:54 PM
  3. Wishing you good luck - ALM on Feb 9, 2012, 8:39 PM
  5. Friend delivered nearly a 12-lb baby...naturally. - Laura on Feb 9, 2012, 9:00 PM
    1. I think JulesM had it (nt) - Alli on Feb 10, 2012, 11:16 AM

6. i just had a scan - Amy on Feb 10, 2012, 11:44 AM
  8. thanks all for your lovely messages.. - Mo on Feb 11, 2012, 3:39 PM