Return to Index  

Gestational Diabetes test due next week....

February 9 2012 at 2:57 PM
Mo  (Login moelle)

sorry, I have not posted much here. Hope you don't think I am cheeky for joining in at this late stage

I am now on my 4th pregnancy and had my 34 weeks scan and the baby's tummy is measuring really big. I didn't like to ask (as the scan lady was totally not approachable) but I am 34 wks 1 day and what kept appearing on the screen was somethings like 42wks+ over and over (because she kept re-measuring).

So I got sent up to see the midwife team (I asked this scan lady if she thought GD but she refused to answer so you can see why I didn't like to ask her too many questions)

Anyway, the midwife I saw upstairs was much more friendly and reassuring and said it was probably fine as she could see I am very tall and I told her so is my DH and since all my 3 babies have been born big that it is probably genetic.

Nonetheless, I do feel a tad nervous as at the end of the day, I don't really look forward to delivering an enormous baby

Since xmas, I have been eating way too much chocolate (and I still have xmas chocolates to eat). What should I be eating to ensure that I don't have or get GD or too big a baby. I am going to stay off sugar as much as I can from now on.

This message has been edited by moelle on Feb 9, 2012 2:57 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Mo, - Sara H on Feb 9, 2012, 3:54 PM
  3. Wishing you good luck - ALM on Feb 9, 2012, 8:39 PM
  5. Friend delivered nearly a 12-lb baby...naturally. - Laura on Feb 9, 2012, 9:00 PM
    1. I think JulesM had it (nt) - Alli on Feb 10, 2012, 11:16 AM

6. i just had a scan - Amy on Feb 10, 2012, 11:44 AM
  8. thanks all for your lovely messages.. - Mo on Feb 11, 2012, 3:39 PM