just remembered something.February 17 2012 at 12:26 AM
|Mrs. A (no login)|
Response to I did mean E2
Your comment about not having enough HCG in the 2nd tri reminded me of this. Forgive me that I can't provide the correct scientific info at this moment but the fact is that at this point you DO want to see HCG dropping. When you go for your triple screen or the first part of your Sequential Screen one of the things that they check is HCG. If I recall correctly high amounts are indicative of Down syndrome.
There's a numerical factor they are looking for though. Which goes to show that it's not the actual value of HCG that matters vs. the MoM (multiples of median). I recall that for HCG they were looking for an MoM of 1.5 or less (hoping for closer to 1).
I don't even know how I remember half of this stuff. To think that at one point I understood all of this! Hopefully I didn't just add more to your plate!
- yeah, what she said - erin on Feb 17, 1:30 AM
- I am - enochi on Feb 17, 8:36 AM
- hurdles hurdles... - enochi on Feb 17, 8:33 AM
- If today you are 11w 4d then - Mrs. A on Feb 17, 11:56 AM
- I don't think so - enochi on Feb 17, 3:13 PM