This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

I would get a NST

March 7 2012 at 1:04 PM
Sarah in Seattle  (Login SeattleSarah)

Response to think i'm getting braxton hicks

hi Amy,

I've been following your story and I am so thrilled for you. I do think you should go in and get a nonstress test just to measure your activity. I had preterm labor with both of my miracle babes, with my daughter it started at 25 weeks and I was put on strict bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy. I also had to take a drug called nifedipene to stop the contractions, and take advil every 6 hours, and drink tons of water. It doesn't hurt to go get monitored for an hour just to make sure these really are B-H contractions and not preterm labor. I'm not meaning to alarm you, just speaking form experience those little contractions you feel are not always just B-H. I have what's termed an irritable uterus, but because of great medical care both of my babies were born perfectly healthy and both made it to 38 weeks, at which point I was taken off all meds because they were considered full-term.

Take care,
Sarah

Respond to this message