This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

have you been to see the dr about this?

March 28 2012 at 10:40 AM
juliemam  (Login juliemam)
Group #172004

Response to Freaked out

it takes about a year for the nursing hormones to cone back to normal. The mind knows you aren't nursing but the body takes a bit longer to get there. Unfortunately.

If you are hoping to ttc#2, go see what the dr says about this and if you aren't satisfied, I'd go see a TCM dr for the herbs and getting your hormones back to a sane level.

Sorry this is so messed up. I can relate all too well. My hormones were a bit whacky following my DS and I stuck it out and finally went to see a tcm dr for the herbs and they helped a bunch. 3 cycles were enough to get things normal and saw big changes the very first cycle. I stayed on the herbs for 5 cycles and the last two, I could see things normalizing and stopped because I didn't want to be brewing and drinking these herbs forever.

good luck,

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.

Respond to this message   

1. Re: have you been to see the dr about this? - Wren on Mar 28, 2012, 10:48 AM
    1. Stupid FSH indeed but... - Sara H on Mar 28, 2012, 11:54 AM