This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

More on plugged ducts.......

May 3 2012 at 5:34 PM
karma  (no login)

I am really having a hard time with these.
I am pumping every 5 1/2 hrs for 15 mins on the lowest setting of my pump. This is down from every 4-5 hours for 30 mins on the highest setting. I gradually decreased over 2 weeks to the 15 mins.
Now I am having to soak in a hot bath and 'pop' these awful ducts both in the morning and evening. I also apply heat as I pump, take lecithin capsules 2x a day and ordered the sage tea online. Having to work out the plugged ducts is really making me nauseous as I seem to have one or two each pumping session....I don't think this is normal??
I contacted a LC I worked with earlier and she is getting me info on someone who can drain lymphs?? I am going to look into it, as it is getting really bad.

Any other suggestions? I know I just recently posted about this, but any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance- karma

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Well... - Sara H on May 3, 2012, 7:23 PM
    1. gee Sarah- - karma on May 3, 2012, 10:30 PM
      1. Yeah, it was really bad... and so embarrassing! - Sara H on May 4, 2012, 10:27 AM

2. Are you weaning too quickly?? - MargieD on May 3, 2012, 8:44 PM
    1. I guess I must be... - karma on May 3, 2012, 10:33 PM
      1. I think it depends on the person.... - MargieD on May 4, 2012, 5:30 AM

3. Look at the PP on meds to "dry up" - Laura on May 3, 2012, 9:28 PM
    1. this sounds hopeful - karma on May 4, 2012, 3:44 AM

4. oh, didn't know you were weaning - juliemam on May 4, 2012, 7:08 AM
  6. Quick update and thanks to all - karma on May 4, 2012, 9:35 PM