Thank you and a little updateMay 15 2012 at 6:25 AM
|Teresa (no login)|
Response to Very disturbing REvisit today, your thoughts, please
All of your sweet responses made me feel so good. Knowing I have angry women for me, behind me- there's a good feeling that comes with that. I thank you!
I got into bed after I posted yesterday afternoon with DH. Around 4:45, the phone rang.
It's the RE.
He called to "apologize" He didn't say anything comforting still, he just said he was sorry that he upset me. I explained to him that after 4 losses, every hour of the day is a struggle for me and him telling me that my chances are not good, really hurt. I really don't think he "got it" though. I guess it was nice of him to make the call though.
This is the first time ever that I have gone for such an early U/S. My OB/GYN always made me come in at 6 weeks 2 days and told me "we may or may not see a heartbeat..."
I also have to keep in mind that this RE told me he thought my fibroid should come out because he felt it may be causing my trouble with conception these past 8 months. All the other RE's told me to "leave the fibroid alone" So maybe he is being skeptical for that reason too. I defied his theory in a way...by becoming PG.
I know I'm "old" and I know my history is not good. It was him telling me my chances stink because of my age and history that really wounded my heart. All I can do is think positive and pray for a good outcome this time. It's easier to think the worst.
Praying the P4 supps will make a difference this time and this will be it. I want to prove him wrong!
Thank you again for your help and your thoughts!
- Some RE's are jerks - ekb88 on May 15, 1:20 PM
- Wish I could hug you for that... - teresa on May 15, 1:41 PM
- You RE is an @@#%&*-- - Lea on May 15, 3:06 PM
- Thank you for sharing your story - Teresa on May 15, 3:23 PM
- Re: Thank you for sharing your story - Lea on May 15, 10:58 PM
- The only thing I can think of.... - AJ on May 15, 7:21 PM
- I also wondered that, however - - Teresa on May 15, 11:02 PM
- your exam is too early - Julie on May 16, 8:18 AM
- Thank you - Teresa on May 16, 10:01 AM