Dilemma...advice greatly appreciatedMay 22 2012 at 9:39 PM
|Laura (no login)|
So about a week ago, I started to feel intermittent stabbing pain in the lower left region of my pelvis. I feel it when I stand up or sit down or if I'm lying down and stretch out. Hours after I feel the stabbing pain I feel a dull throbbing ache. Not quite where my ovary is, but a bit closer to my uterus. Naturally, I'm concerned I might have an ectopic. So I called my OB and the nurse called me back saying that pain from ectopic complications isn't felt until about 8 wk, and the pain I'm feeling is probably the CL cyst, even though I told her it's not the same place I feel pain during ovulation. but she "can't check with an ultrasound until 8 wk anyway because it's too early." But we all know that it's NOT too early because we get u/s at 5 wk all the time. So she ordered some b/w because "that will tell us if it's developing normally or not." I don't have the results yet, but she insisted that it was "too early to see on u/s." (Again this was all the nurse talking)
So, my SIL had normal b/w until 10 wk (even though at 8 wk there was nothing in her ute) when she then found out she had an ectopic. At that point the fetus was so large that they had to remove her entire fallopian tube. She went on to have another healthy pg, but she didn't have any issues before then. This terrifies me. I feel like if I lose a tube, that's it. I'm done for.
I'm thinking that I might schedule a 5-ish week u/s with my RE (even though I REALLY don't like him) just to see. I'm going out of town during weeks 7-8 and if it IS ectopic, I want to have it removed before I leave. The problem with this is that my OB HATES my RE and I don't want to call her and say "RE said I have an ectopic, can you remove it."
Anyone else have an ectopic and feel the same pain as me? Or NOT have an ectopic and feel the same? that would be helpful. TIA!
- hmmm - juliemam on May 22, 10:29 PM
- Re: hmmm - Laura on May 22, 11:45 PM
- Thoughts... - Erin on May 22, 10:41 PM
- Thanks, Erin! - Laura on May 22, 11:49 PM
- I had pain near my ovary - Ekb88 on May 23, 9:06 AM
- Thats strange - Alli on May 23, 9:53 AM
- Don't know but my guess is... - Sara H on May 23, 11:18 AM
- Not sure, but think b/w is a good idea - mel on May 23, 11:26 AM
- had similar pain - jkl on May 23, 12:49 PM
- Had lots of stabby ones - sch1star on May 24, 11:07 AM
- Update: pain on both sides - Laura on May 24, 4:42 PM
- Good! - Erin on May 24, 5:14 PM
- Another update: betas in, but more drama - Laura on May 24, 8:54 PM
- please get U/S - Sophie on May 25, 4:59 PM