Beta updateMay 25 2012 at 2:55 PM
|Laura (no login)|
So that's good news, but my OB still wants me to have a u/s "as soon as possible at 8 wk" since I'm still having the pain. Apparently, she doesn't have an u/s in her office so she sends everyone to the perinatal clinic at the hospital next door. They won't see anyone until 8 wk.
I decided to bite the bullet and call my RE's office. The nice receptionist answered, so that helped lower my BP a bit. He said no problem and my appt is next Thursday, which will put me at 5w5d, so a uterine pg (or not) should be clear by then. I decided not to ask my friend in the ER since I would hate for her to have to tell me I have an ectopic pg, and going to the ER alone would take hours and hours and cost me a $250 copay.
Side note: DH thinks the perinatal clinic doesn't take anyone before 8 wk bc it's a Catholic hospital, so a baby will def look like a baby, making it harder for women considering abortion to make that decision, and maybe my OB is also anti-abortion. I said it's probably just an insurance billing issue and my OB doesn't want to pay for the upkeep of u/s, but interesting theory.
- Good!!! - Teresa on May 25, 3:32 PM
- Thanks Teresa! - Laura on May 28, 11:16 AM
- Sounds good! - Erin on May 25, 4:00 PM
- Thanks Erin! - Laura on May 28, 11:18 AM
- Both of my OB's said - Alli on May 25, 4:05 PM
- I've also heard that - Laura on May 28, 11:22 AM
- Great! - mel on May 25, 4:59 PM
- Thanks Mel! - Laura on May 28, 11:23 AM