new here--slowing HGCMay 25 2012 at 3:06 PM
|Katherine (Login Gryphon4)|
I'm new here, and could use some advice. I'm 38, and finally pregnant after 8 IUIs (the max my insurance will cover). Everything was looking good: the first HCG was 322, and two days later it was 814. But after another 2 days it's only 1185 (a 68% rise, instead of doubling). My nurse says this may mean a miscarriage. I've just gone from jubilant to terrified, and I don't know how worried I should be.
Any advice? Is this way off of normal?
I'm on Crinone (progesterone supplement), and wanted my doctor to check my progesterone level to see whether I'm absorbing it correctly, but he says there's no need and the test is unreliable anyway b/c of the Crinone.
Any advice appreciated. . .
- Oops--I meant slowing hcg - Katherine on May 25, 2012, 3:13 PM
- Progesterone - Erin on May 25, 2012, 4:07 PM
- Get estrogen checked, too... - MargieD on May 25, 2012, 4:31 PM
- Re: new here--slowing HGC - Teresa on May 25, 2012, 4:49 PM
- welcome! - mel on May 25, 2012, 5:09 PM
- welcome! - juliemam on May 25, 2012, 9:06 PM
- Take a look at these - karma on May 26, 2012, 4:04 AM
- My experience (success mentioned) - Hadas on May 26, 2012, 9:14 PM