Is it normal to measure 2-3 days behind on an early u/s?June 1 2012 at 10:15 AM
|Erin (no login)|
Hi guys- I could use some help! I had an u/s at 6wks 5days yesterday and we saw the HB for the first time! It was beating away at 125bpm. During the u/s, the RE who was doing the u/s (who's been monitoring me locally) said that I was measuring at 6wks 5days on the dot and that everything was perfect. I left feeling really happy and reassured. Then, later in the day I looked more closely at the pictures I was given from the u/s and one said "6wks2days" and another says "6wks3days". I just called the nurse and she said that the report does say what the pictures say, but that it's "within the margin of error" which is what Dr. D said too. But, I'm nervous (obviously). I was measuring 1-2 days behind on my first u/s 10 days ago and now I'm wondering if it's just going to get further off track... I did IVF so obviously my dates are correct and I got my 1st pos HPT at 9dpo so it wasn't late implantation. Does anyone know if this is really normal? I could really use some reassurance.
Thanks so much in advance!
- Totally normal - cbsgirl on Jun 1, 10:21 AM
- Completely Normal! - Tami on Jun 1, 12:56 PM
- Thanks so much! - Erin on Jun 1, 1:23 PM
- Absolutely normal! - mel on Jun 1, 1:48 PM
- Another reason OBs don't do u/s that early - Laura on Jun 1, 3:00 PM
- Thank you Mel and Laura! - Erin on Jun 1, 5:54 PM
- Re: Is it normal to measure 2-3 days behind on an early u/s? - anna on Jun 2, 12:27 AM
- Thank you Anna! - Erin on Jun 2, 8:43 AM
- I measured behind too! - b&a72 on Jun 4, 4:04 PM
- Thanks! Good to know I'm in good company ;) - Erin on Jun 5, 1:28 PM
- Thanks! - b&a72 on Jun 7, 2:38 PM