Return to Index  

you are not alone!

June 1 2012 at 1:43 PM
mel  (no login)

Response to Paranoia! (child ment)

Well, I may not be the best to give this advice, because I'm also paranoid, worried, anxious, etc. With each milestone I reach, I keep thinking the nerves will calm down. I'm at 17w4d and am still trying to keep them at bay.

I've had three previous early losses (one before my DD, who is 3.5 yo) and two since while TTC #2. Much like you, with my pregnancy with my DD, although I was worried (it's in my nature), it was no where near where my anxiety is now. For me, I was diagnosed with secondary IF, and the diagnosis, combined with the losses has put me into a new state of worry and paranoia.

I have tried to remain as positive as possible (some days are harder than others) and to take things one day at a time. I'm guilty of it too, but I try not to google things too much because it usually only adds to my anxiety. Cramps, pains, discharge, etc. are all normal parts of pregnancy, so try to remind yourself of that. I think anything that continues to be painful or bothersome is totally worth calling your OB about, at least to put your mind at ease.

I told Teresa this a few posts back...I keep a post-it note on my desk at work "PMA" to remind myself to keep a Positive Mental Attitude.

Hugs to you.

Respond to this message