This may be the most neurotic post to ever hit this boardJune 2 2012 at 6:42 AM
|Teresa the Wreck (no login)|
I'm embarrassed to post this but I'm struggling and hoping it would be okay if I put this out there.
I guess I'm a little superstitious but in the past, whenever I receive bad news, it always came on a Wednesday. I won't go into all the examples, (and there are many) but I will say that last summer, at my 8 week, 4 day ultrasound (Wednesday, August 17th 2011) is when we found out the babys heart stopped beating (6 weeks and 4 days) So, Wednesdays always freak me out and I try to plan my days where I won't be doing anything major.
However, I messed up when making my OB appointments a couple visits ago. My Dr is a part of an insanely busy practice and so she recommended I make some appts in advance. (I see her once a week because she knows with the 4 losses, being seen 1x week helps me "slightly")
I didn't realize that this coming week (Wed, June 6th) I made an 8:15 am appointment. UGH!!! It honestly didn't "click" until the other day when I was going through my planner and realized I made the 8 week visit for on a Wednesday.
I was there on Thursday and BEGGED to switch the appointment but the receptionist told me they were booked solid for the next 4 weeks and she literally had nothing. So I just said "okay"
Should I skip it? Or should I just go and hope for the best? I'm traumatized from my last 8 week appointment when we got the bad news. Are you laughing at me? I know- I am a nutcase, definitely I have issues. I want to believe that nothing will happen...but it's hard not to. If Idon't go, it may do more harm than good because I will be a wreck til my 9 week.
What would you do?
I want to sincerely THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR READING THIS AND FOR NOT MAKING FUN OF ME! Thank you!!!
- I get it - ekb88 on Jun 2, 8:53 AM
- they won't - Teresa on Jun 2, 9:39 AM
- Honestly... - Kim on Jun 2, 9:10 AM
- thats what my husband said - Teresa on Jun 2, 9:33 AM
- there's nothing to make fun of :) - juliemam on Jun 2, 9:41 AM
- So true, you are so right! - Teresa on Jun 2, 11:14 AM
- I understand too... - Erin on Jun 2, 9:59 AM
- Thank you, Erin! - Teresa on Jun 2, 11:21 AM
- I was the same way - Newbie on Jun 2, 10:06 AM
- Thank you Newbie! - Teresa on Jun 2, 11:22 AM
- I totally understand - mel on Jun 2, 12:46 PM
- Thank you, Mel - Teresa on Jun 2, 1:05 PM
- What Julie said - Katherine on Jun 2, 1:55 PM
- Thanks!! - Teresa on Jun 2, 2:14 PM
- completely superstitious here - Sarah in Seattle on Jun 2, 2:17 PM
- Ahhhhhhh............................................ - Teresa on Jun 2, 3:29 PM
- Re: This may be the most neurotic post to ever hit this board - sonet on Jun 2, 5:18 PM
- Thank you! - Teresa on Jun 4, 2:45 PM
- Oh Teresa, I'm sorry! - Laura on Jun 2, 10:15 PM
- Not good - Teresa on Jun 3, 5:23 AM
- Re: This may be the most neurotic post to ever hit this board - anna on Jun 3, 7:14 AM
- Thanks Anna - Teresa on Jun 4, 2:45 PM
- I so understand - Cheryl on Jun 4, 9:48 PM
- Hugs - Wells42 on Jun 5, 4:36 PM
- Thinking of you - Marti on Jun 5, 6:04 PM
- Thank you all, but I did chicken out!!!! - Teresa on Jun 5, 8:06 PM
- Fantastic News - Marti on Jun 5, 9:26 PM
- Congratulations! - Katherine on Jun 5, 10:11 PM
- Awwww, how wonderful!! - ekb88 on Jun 5, 11:08 PM
- Here's to lucky Tuesdays! - Wells42 on Jun 5, 11:25 PM
- Marti, Katherine, EKB, Wells- THANK YOU - Teresa on Jun 6, 6:49 AM
- Great news! (nt) - Alli on Jun 6, 3:27 PM
- Yay Teresa!!! - Erin on Jun 6, 3:34 PM
- Excellent news!!! - mel on Jun 6, 5:17 PM
- Thank you Alli, Erin, Mel- - Teresa on Jun 6, 5:29 PM
- just seeing this now. glad for the update and... - juliemam on Jun 6, 8:57 PM
- Great news! - Cheryl on Jun 6, 9:47 PM
- I'm so happy it worked out! - Laura on Jun 6, 10:58 PM
- Thanks Julie Cheryl Laura - Teresa on Jun 7, 5:45 AM
- I understand, but would keep the appointment - ALM on Jun 7, 9:54 PM