VitaminD DilemmaJune 12 2012 at 1:50 PM
|Anon4This (no login)|
I take a prenatal vitamin as well as 2000mg of Vitamin D3/ day.
At 7 weeks, Dr ran some bloodwork and told me my Vitamin D was low.
Should I up the supp to 4000mg/day?
He told me to keep taking the 2000mg- but I've been taking that dose for months prior to and through my pregnancy and the blood test still came back low. I didn't ask the level.
All thoughts appreciated.
- I'm very sorry to hear this - smrc on Jun 12, 2:11 PM
- I was going to say spend time in the sun too. :) - juliemam on Jun 12, 2:18 PM
- Re: I'm very sorry to hear this - Anon4This on Jun 12, 2:30 PM
- Re: I'm very sorry to hear this - Lea on Jun 12, 3:35 PM
- no- not at all! just responding to your concern that - smrc on Jun 12, 3:56 PM
- A link from webmd - Wells42 on Jun 12, 4:58 PM
- Re: A link from webmd - Anon4This on Jun 12, 6:20 PM
- How low though? - Mrs. A on Jun 12, 6:23 PM
- Re: How low though? - Anon4This on Jun 12, 6:50 PM
- don't you hate that?! - Mrs. A on Jun 13, 11:21 AM
- Vit D is important for fetal development - Mrs. A on Jun 12, 6:20 PM
- Re: Vit D is important for fetal development - Anon4This on Jun 12, 6:51 PM
- Have you tried chewable D? - Erin on Jun 12, 6:33 PM
- Re: Have you tried chewable D? - Anon4This on Jun 12, 6:52 PM
- I was actually thinking that... - Erin on Jun 13, 11:31 AM
- Calcium helps vit d get absorbed - Laura on Jun 12, 10:49 PM