...and I failed my 3 hour gestational diabetes testJune 12 2012 at 5:54 PM
|Sara H (no login)|
So, my Dr. finally called and I pass at my blood fasting test, was iffy again at one hour, clearly failed my 3 hour and passed my 3 hour... so all together it's a fail, I have gestational diabetes gestational diabetes.
Seriously? I don't know how bad that make it when you added it with my 2 vessel umbilical cord issue but I will find out Thursday when I meet with the nurses, a GD adviser and the sono tech, then my OB. Fun day.
Daily testing, new diet and all that. Joy.
I will of course do whatever I need to for the baby and me but I just don't know with the new diet how I am going to get the calories I need, since I already don't eat most of what is on there and have only gained 12 pounds at 29 weeks.
So, more info on Thursday about the details but I'd love to hear from anyone who has been though this and managed it before? Any thoughts or advice? (Like- I am hoping for a arm meter instead of a finger one, is that possible?)
Not so happy today,
- sorry to hear it :( - juliemam on Jun 12, 9:16 PM
- Oh no. I'm sorry! :( - Laura on Jun 12, 9:51 PM
- Re: ...and I failed my 3 hour gestational diabetes test - Wells42 on Jun 12, 11:40 PM
- Ugh. So sorry! - mel on Jun 13, 12:56 AM
- Sorry to hear - ekb88 on Jun 13, 8:48 AM
- Thank you, Ladies and for sharing, Wells42 - Sara H on Jun 13, 9:45 AM
- Information on GD - Tanya on Jun 13, 10:06 AM
- Great points, Tanya! And one more thing . . . - Wells42 on Jun 13, 2:45 PM
- Thank you Tanya and Wells! - Sara H on Jun 13, 5:28 PM
- Did you get the information I emailed you? - Tanya on Jun 14, 5:40 AM
- barge to Wells - karma on Jun 14, 8:51 AM
- Thanks, Karma! - Wells42 on Jun 15, 2:54 PM
- No advice - Mrs. A on Jun 13, 11:16 AM
- Not much advice here either... - Erin on Jun 13, 11:29 AM
- It really is not to bad. - Whitney on Jun 13, 2:34 PM
- Wow, well, that's rather bad, don't you think? - Sara H on Jun 13, 5:18 PM
- Sorry Sara! - Whitney on Jun 14, 1:49 PM
- What a draaaaag - karma on Jun 13, 5:01 PM
- Oh no! Bummer . . . - Rebekah on Jun 14, 8:39 AM
- Oh Sarah - JulesM on Jun 14, 8:59 AM