Hi!!June 27 2012 at 2:54 PM
|Teresa (no login)|
Response to Stopping P4 at 10 weeks?
I completely get your anxiety over this.
I know I mentioned this in my post, but last week when I went to the DR, mine wasn't in so I had to see another OB in the practice who happened to specialize in high risk and maternal fetal medicine. He told me (I'm pretty sure he comes from Cornell) that my going off it at 7 weeks would have been fine and it's okay to stop cold turkey. Even when I was under the care of my RE (albeit for a very short time) he had said to just stop at 12 weeks and never said I had to wean off it.
I've been making myself sort of sick the past few days with this but after listening to the great advice of women here and searching for people coming off P4 in the past, I feel like no dr would say its okay to go cold turkey if there was a risk involved.
Personally I am going to wean off mine but I have had several losses so I am uber neurotic with this pregnancy, way beyond what is probably considered the norm.
I think you will be okay. But if its going to ruin your vacation with worrying, maybe stay on it til you return from vaca so that you can come off and then get a P4 test? Just to err on the side of caution? Staying on can't hurt. It's totally up to you, but I know me and that is probably what I would do (but again this is coming from a crazy lady)
Or, ask for a STAT P4 test, stop and as soon as you come home, go for another test to check your levels? Maybe bring some with you JUST IN CASE you have a moment of freaking out and at least you're prepared with some on hand, do you know what I mean?
I hope I havent confused you futher I was just trying to think of options for your well being/mental state because I know how stressful this is.
I hope you are at peace with whatever you decide to do and have a wonderful vacation!
- Thanks, Teresa! - Katherine on Jun 27, 5:06 PM