Return to Index  

Note to Laura*

June 30 2012 at 6:16 PM
Sara H  (no login)

I saw what you mentioned below about Brackton Hick and what you had written to me a few weeks ago on the subject and wanted you to know I took it very seriously.

My BH had been continuing, off and on, over the last few weeks. On Wednesday they got bad, one every 10 minutes then every 5. I lay down, drank water... no help. So, I went to hospital.

Well, I was really really badly dehydrated. And I had NO idea! I had been drinking plenty, I thought, but my body did not agree. So, in I went. While they monitored me I got down to 2 minutes apart but no dilation of any sort and my cervix was still 3.9. So, they made me drink a STUPID amount of water, which helped a bit, and then they gave me drug to ease my "cranky uterus". (Their words, not mine! happy.gif )

That did a great job fixing things and they sent me home an hour later.

So, all is well but they said they were very happy I came in and that this was something I needed to be aware of. (So, add that to my list!) I have been FORCING tons of water and all has been well since.

I just wanted to you to know that I totally saw what you wrote and took it seriously and am very grateful! happy.gif

All well here! 31 weeks and counting!
Thanks! happy.gif
Sara H

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Glad I could help! - Laura on Jun 30, 2012, 11:01 PM
  3. barge - BroodyHen on Jul 1, 2012, 1:03 PM
    1. :-) Yeah, that's why! - Sara H on Jul 1, 2012, 8:52 PM
      1. Re: :-) Yeah, that's why! - anna on Jul 2, 2012, 1:36 AM
      2. Are you in a warm area? - Alli on Jul 2, 2012, 10:10 AM
      3. I was also told 100+ oz per day - Laura on Jul 2, 2012, 5:04 PM

4. Thanks - Marti on Jul 2, 2012, 8:07 PM