This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

Note to Laura*

June 30 2012 at 6:16 PM
Sara H  (no login)

I saw what you mentioned below about Brackton Hick and what you had written to me a few weeks ago on the subject and wanted you to know I took it very seriously.

My BH had been continuing, off and on, over the last few weeks. On Wednesday they got bad, one every 10 minutes then every 5. I lay down, drank water... no help. So, I went to hospital.

Well, I was really really badly dehydrated. And I had NO idea! I had been drinking plenty, I thought, but my body did not agree. So, in I went. While they monitored me I got down to 2 minutes apart but no dilation of any sort and my cervix was still 3.9. So, they made me drink a STUPID amount of water, which helped a bit, and then they gave me drug to ease my "cranky uterus". (Their words, not mine! happy.gif )

That did a great job fixing things and they sent me home an hour later.

So, all is well but they said they were very happy I came in and that this was something I needed to be aware of. (So, add that to my list!) I have been FORCING tons of water and all has been well since.

I just wanted to you to know that I totally saw what you wrote and took it seriously and am very grateful! happy.gif

All well here! 31 weeks and counting!
Thanks! happy.gif
Sara H

Respond to this message   

1. Glad I could help! - Laura on Jun 30, 2012, 11:01 PM
  3. barge - BroodyHen on Jul 1, 2012, 1:03 PM
    1. :-) Yeah, that's why! - Sara H on Jul 1, 2012, 8:52 PM
      1. Re: :-) Yeah, that's why! - anna on Jul 2, 2012, 1:36 AM
      2. Are you in a warm area? - Alli on Jul 2, 2012, 10:10 AM
      3. I was also told 100+ oz per day - Laura on Jul 2, 2012, 5:04 PM
  4. Thanks - Marti on Jul 2, 2012, 8:07 PM