Infants and antibiotics?July 1 2012 at 12:01 AM
|ALM (no login)|
Good Evening Ladies,
Well, it was bound to happen: my baby has gotten sick. I took him into the emergency Saturday clinic and fortunately his pediatrician was on duty. My guy had a cold (bad sniffles, that I knew) and an ear infection, so they prescribed antibiotics.
I really don't like the idea of giving such a young baby (4 months) antibiotics. The Doc said I could watch him and then maybe not end up having to give them to him. Well, my poor guy started crying and screaming all the way home and was just so stopped up that I went ahead and filled the prescription and he started on them this afternoon. I was so afraid the bad sniffles were going to turn into an upper respiratory infection, and he's so small.
Right now he's konked out and I can tell that he's less congested already after 2 doses of antibiotics. Still, it feels kind of creepy.
Anyone else have experience with this?
- You did the right thing - Laura on Jul 1, 12:37 AM
- Thank you Laura - ALM on Jul 4, 3:21 PM
- probiotics - BroodyHen on Jul 1, 1:10 PM
- Thanks - ALM on Jul 4, 3:23 PM
- Tiny NICU babies have antibiotics - Alli on Jul 2, 2:04 PM
- Thanks - ALM on Jul 4, 3:25 PM
- Yes... - ZakiaZ on Jul 2, 10:57 PM
- Thank you - ALM on Jul 4, 3:27 PM
- Re: Infants and antibiotics? - Wren on Jul 3, 1:09 AM
- Thanks and ? - ALM on Jul 4, 3:30 PM