You did the right thingJuly 1 2012 at 12:37 AM
|Laura (no login)|
Response to Infants and antibiotics?
You don't want to take the chance that he gets so congested he can't breathe. My friend is an ER doc and she is very aware of antibiotic resistance and does not Rx them lightly and says she does know any dr that does. Anyway, it's not really overuse of antibiotics that have led to resistance, it's misuse (either taking them when you're not sick or not finishing a prescription when you are given one).
If they helped, it was obviously a bacterial infection and you were right to give them to him. You probably already know this but you must finish the entire prescription even if he is doing better. You don't want to kill off 95% of the bacteria, only to have the other 5% (and the strongest) continue to proliferate.
You're doin great! I hope he gets better soon!
- Thank you Laura - ALM on Jul 4, 3:21 PM