BFP, but cold PLUS Afrin withdrawal... help?July 3 2012 at 12:02 AM
|Anonymous from below (no login)|
This is anonymous from the thread directly below.
As luck would have it, I have had a cold for a couple of days. This morning, I decided to go cold turkey, because of the positive beta yesterday, and stop using the nasal sprays I have literally been using my whole life.
Needless to say, I'm miserable. I literally haven't breathed through my nose all day. It's not just slightly stuffed. It's stuffed to the point where not even a tiny bit of air is going through and it's stressing me out. I can't imagine intentionally sleeping while breathing through my mouth.
It's now midnight. I called the RE's office earlier today and they said the only thing I could use is plain Sudafed. I bought the 12 hour and took it at noon. It didn't help even for a second. I even went as far as trying to eat horseradish, wasabi, etc, but nothing.
Have any of you gone through this? Should I use the Afrin tonight? I'm worried about harming things, but at the same time, I absolutely cannot breathe.
Any advice would be beyond appreciated.
- Do NOT use afrin - Laura on Jul 3, 1:18 AM
- :( - Anon for this on Jul 3, 2:22 AM
- Worried - Anon for this on Jul 3, 2:51 AM
- Whoops- used Afrin whole pregnancy - Alli on Jul 3, 9:11 AM
- Thanks! - Anon for this please on Jul 3, 10:30 AM
- I couldnt do cold turkey - Alli on Jul 3, 12:32 PM
- Don't worry! - Katherine on Jul 3, 9:11 AM
- Thank you so much! n/t - Anon for this please on Jul 3, 10:30 AM
- You could ask your OB about benadryl... - Erin on Jul 3, 10:13 AM
- Sudafed - Anon for this please on Jul 3, 10:31 AM
- The current formulation of Sudafed... - Erin on Jul 3, 11:08 AM
- oh no! - Anon for this on Jul 3, 12:18 PM
- Freaking out now - Anon for this on Jul 3, 12:30 PM
- It actually looks like they're both preg category C... - Erin on Jul 3, 12:31 PM
- That's ok! Thank you for letting me know! n/t - Anon for this on Jul 3, 12:43 PM
- Take a deep breath (m/c ment) - Alli on Jul 3, 12:39 PM
- Thanks... so scared - Anon for this on Jul 3, 12:42 PM
- I am SO sorry for freaking you out! - Erin on Jul 3, 12:51 PM
- Don't apologize!! - Anon for this on Jul 3, 12:56 PM
- Confused, I have a list of meds and Afrin was on it as "okay" - Teresa on Jul 3, 11:40 AM
- My pharmacist said Afrin was okay when I was BFing... - MargieD on Jul 3, 12:31 PM
- Same here... - Meg on Jul 3, 10:27 PM
- I don't get it then - Anon for this on Jul 3, 10:57 PM
- Did you call your OB - Laura on Jul 4, 1:07 AM
- What about Rhinocourt?? - ALM on Jul 4, 3:38 PM
- Thanks and question - Anon for this on Jul 4, 9:40 PM