This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

This reminds me of an experience I had while pumping/BFing... (LOL)

July 3 2012 at 12:42 PM
MargieD  (no login)

Response to WWYD (family related)

In-laws were coming to visit about 3 weeks after DD was born.

We specifically told them not to come after a specific time because I would be pumping and DD needed a nap. In those early days, you try to stick to a schedule for your sanity! happy.gif

Well - they showed up EARLY... minutes after I had started pumping...

I hid in the bedroom while they sat outside on the porch.

They knew I was home and kept banging on the door.

I finished pumping and doing my thing and let them in the door.

It was a HOT day so the FIL wasn't doing well sitting out in the heat. (Why he didn't bring water - I don't know...)

I heard a few times that day how I was rude, etc. They were also upset that DD was napping and I wouldn't wake her up. (She slept another hour or two...)

He was also POed that I wouldn't lift a TV to get the pillows & blankets for them which was stored away in a chest the TV was on top of. Hey - I had just given birth! (Again - they could have brought blankets and pillows!)

Three years later - they still don't get it...

And three years later, I still don't care... happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Bwaaahahahahahaaa - Teresa on Jul 3, 2012, 3:12 PM