12 week/Nuchal Update, FRUSTRATEDJuly 3 2012 at 2:59 PM
|Teresa (no login)|
So just back from the doctor, not a great visit.
The tech couldn't get a measurement because the baby wouldn't cooperate and get into the position she needed it to. She had me cough, lay on my right side/left side...NOTHING! S/he was very active and was in the right position for a nano second but the tech couldnt get the measurement. Said it looked "thin" which she said is a good sign, but of course she needs that number. The heartrate was 164 and she could see a nasal bone, 2 arms 2 legs, brain looked good, everything else good. The baby had its little legs crossed and was waving, then took its hand and put it up to its face, cute stuff. But CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She said this happens all the time but it didn't make me feel any better, (and not sure I believed that but thats me being neurotic) Of course my dr tried to make me feel better by telling me it was a good sign that the baby was active and the heart was beating strong...Ugh, I had so much anxiety for today and now nothing.
So the dr wants us to go to the hospital for the scan, we are going this Thursday at 1. When we called for the appt, the girl was like "I have Monday the 9th" and I burst into tears and gave her a sob story and she had mercy on me and booked me for Thursday- AMEN!
Please if you pray, can you pray that Thursday they can get a measurement for this child because I am SLOWLY losing my mind, nothing is ever easy and it's frustrating. I want to breathe a little easier.....
And of course, I asked to get my P4 tested and 2 nurses stuck me 4 times and couldn't get blood. SO ANNOYED so I will have to get THAT tested thursday as well.
Im taking out my frustration right now on Ben and Jerrys frozen brownie yogurt and it's helping somewhat....
- This happened to me, too, with my 2nd pg. - Ariadne on Jul 3, 2012, 3:01 PM
- did you go back for another try? - Teresa on Jul 3, 2012, 3:24 PM
- I think so - Ariadne on Jul 3, 2012, 3:29 PM
- Re: I think so - Teresa on Jul 3, 2012, 3:39 PM
- Okay, so... - Erin on Jul 3, 2012, 4:03 PM
- Re: Okay, so... - Teresa on Jul 3, 2012, 4:15 PM
- I am sorry you are frustrated but... - Sara H on Jul 3, 2012, 6:04 PM
- It's frustrating, but... - mel on Jul 3, 2012, 6:17 PM
- Mel! Great minds think alike! :-) - Sara H on Jul 3, 2012, 6:31 PM
- test - teresa on Jul 3, 2012, 6:45 PM
- Re: I am sorry you are frustrated but... - teresa on Jul 3, 2012, 6:42 PM
- well, sounds healthy! - Laura on Jul 3, 2012, 6:35 PM
- Re: well, sounds healthy! - Teresa on Jul 3, 2012, 7:04 PM
- Re: 12 week/Nuchal Update, FRUSTRATED - Anna on Jul 3, 2012, 6:38 PM
- thanks - teresa on Jul 3, 2012, 6:49 PM
- Totally understand... - gone_fshn on Jul 3, 2012, 7:33 PM
- Thank you so much!! - Teresa on Jul 3, 2012, 8:24 PM
- You know what I experienced? - ZakiaZ on Jul 3, 2012, 10:30 PM
- Re: You know what I experienced? - teresa on Jul 4, 2012, 7:46 AM
- Late chiming in - ALM on Jul 4, 2012, 3:32 PM
- ALM~ so sweet!!! - teresa on Jul 4, 2012, 4:08 PM