This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

another perspective

July 3 2012 at 4:44 PM
Rebekah  (Login Bestbehavior)

Response to WWYD (family related)

Just read above - hoping that the visit on Thursday will go splendid.

A different perspective - I would probably have them come over for a visit, but not go out of your way to drive them places, plan their day etc. When I am not feeling well I like being in my own home and during my 1st trimester I gagged trying to sit in a restaurant. If you don't feel well or need a break you can go upstairs to lie down. This will be good practice for when people want to come over to see the baby! I like the idea of sending a link to your diagnosis and when in doubt I always start the sentence with "the doctor says." Even now I start sentences with "the pediatrician says" when I don't want to deal with an argument.

I know it sounds like you have grown apart but maybe she's trying to make an effort and I always believe that it's better to leave family/friends on a good note in case I never get to see them again. I don't think it's a sign of you being a doormat or someone who can't say "no" especially if you can find the middle road and meet with them one time.

Best of Luck!!

LOL Margie - I had a similar experience w/ my ILs. I clearly remember going upstairs one day to bf, nap and bf again before we came down - 4 hours. ILs were miffed!! But when people come over and you have a little one I like people to help me out not just hold the baby while I do all the work.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: another perspective - teresa on Jul 3, 2012, 7:20 PM
    1. ahhh sure I get it - Rebekah on Jul 3, 2012, 8:44 PM