How many Crinone's?July 8 2012 at 12:21 PM
|Anon for this please (no login)|
This is the anon poster who had the stuffy nose a few posts below...
When I went for my surprise beta last Sunday, my progesterone level was 8. Nurse said I didn't needed P4 support because I didn't start it around ovulation (this was a spontaneous BFP), but I decided to use leftover Crinone anyway, morning and night. When RE called a couple of days later, he said one a day should be enough, but I've been continuing with 2.
Should I keep going with 2 or reduce to 1 at this point? I'm afraid to, honestly, but we just filled a prescription for 1 week (15 applicators) and it cost us close to $200!
The pharmacy said if they get a pre-auth from the doctor, they'll run it through insurance (or something like that). Should progesterone be run as a regular Rx or does it have to be run through fertility coverage (which we no longer have)? PIO during my last cycle was run as a regular Rx because it's not only used for fertility patients, so I'm not clear on why Crinone would be any different.
Thanks for any advice.
- have them run through your regular prescription benefit - Mrs. A on Jul 8, 2012, 2:53 PM
- wanted to add - Mrs. A on Jul 8, 2012, 3:02 PM
- Thanks for the great info! - Anon for this please (OP) on Jul 8, 2012, 3:16 PM
- another option - Mrs. A on Jul 8, 2012, 3:38 PM
- Nervous to reduce to 1 - Anon for this please on Jul 9, 2012, 11:19 AM
- I was on 2 crinone a day - smrc on Jul 9, 2012, 12:13 PM
- Thanks - Anon for this on Jul 9, 2012, 12:29 PM
- I went from 2 to 1 - smrc on Jul 9, 2012, 12:57 PM
- Ok, thank you! - Anon for this on Jul 9, 2012, 1:35 PM