Return to Index  

How many Crinone's?

July 8 2012 at 12:21 PM
Anon for this please  (no login)

Hi,
This is the anon poster who had the stuffy nose a few posts below...

When I went for my surprise beta last Sunday, my progesterone level was 8. Nurse said I didn't needed P4 support because I didn't start it around ovulation (this was a spontaneous BFP), but I decided to use leftover Crinone anyway, morning and night. When RE called a couple of days later, he said one a day should be enough, but I've been continuing with 2.

Should I keep going with 2 or reduce to 1 at this point? I'm afraid to, honestly, but we just filled a prescription for 1 week (15 applicators) and it cost us close to $200!

The pharmacy said if they get a pre-auth from the doctor, they'll run it through insurance (or something like that). Should progesterone be run as a regular Rx or does it have to be run through fertility coverage (which we no longer have)? PIO during my last cycle was run as a regular Rx because it's not only used for fertility patients, so I'm not clear on why Crinone would be any different.

Thanks for any advice.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. have them run through your regular prescription benefit - Mrs. A on Jul 8, 2:53 PM
    1. wanted to add - Mrs. A on Jul 8, 3:02 PM
      1. Thanks for the great info! - Anon for this please (OP) on Jul 8, 3:16 PM
        1. another option - Mrs. A on Jul 8, 3:38 PM

2. Nervous to reduce to 1 - Anon for this please on Jul 9, 11:19 AM
    1. I was on 2 crinone a day - smrc on Jul 9, 12:13 PM
      1. Thanks - Anon for this on Jul 9, 12:29 PM
        1. I went from 2 to 1 - smrc on Jul 9, 12:57 PM
          1. Ok, thank you! - Anon for this on Jul 9, 1:35 PM