Mrs A- please come in, if you could give me your thoughts...July 10 2012 at 8:29 AM
|Teresa (no login)|
This is a P4 issue and I'm very concerned.
I haven't started to wean off the P4. I was going to start yesterday and something inside me said "don't"
I had it tested Friday and just got a call from the OB's office. It came back today at 38.
I have been on endometrin since my + BFP, 100MG, 3x a day.
I know endometrin doesn't show up in the bloodwork but honestly I thought my number would have come back higher. The last time it was tested it was 22 but that was also many weeks ago.
My OB thinks I'm being ridiculous about this whole progesterone thing, but I'm scared about it due to previous losses and never having been on P4 before, this is the first time I'm on it and it's the farthest I've come in pregnancy. She told me to just come off, I don't want to. The high risk dr in the practice said the same thing. But, isn't 38 on the low side for 13 weeks?
If I started to wean, wouldn't that be dangerous to do so if my number is only at a 38? I'm really confused.
Can you let me know your thoughts? Honestly- I am SO tired and OVER being stressed about P4 I REALLY just want to stay on it until I deliver, I really do. If it can't hurt the baby then I would feel 1,000x better staying on it. My OB is going to give me grief over it.
And no offense, but I would appreciate it if people could refrain from telling me not to worry about this because I am and after 4 losses, I am going to be until the end of this pregnancy. Thanks for understanding.
- Will post later - Mrs. A on Jul 10, 10:54 AM
- Grateful - Teresa on Jul 10, 11:31 AM
- YOu're next on my response list - Mrs. A on Jul 10, 1:16 PM
- No problem. When you have a chance. And thank you ! - Teresa on Jul 10, 1:27 PM
- My experience - Cheryl on Jul 10, 11:09 AM
- ONe other thing - Cheryl on Jul 10, 11:10 AM
- Re: ONe other thing - Teresa on Jul 10, 11:35 AM
- Re: My experience - Teresa on Jul 10, 11:34 AM
- Re: My experience - Tetesa on Jul 10, 11:38 AM
- I'd call Coo.per - Sara H on Jul 10, 2:36 PM
- I don't remember - Cheryl on Jul 10, 3:44 PM
- or you could call PPVI Institute - Amy on Jul 12, 11:30 AM
- stay on progesterone - Amy on Jul 12, 11:23 AM
- Amy, I am going to email you. Thank you SO much! n/t - Teresa on Jul 12, 3:21 PM