This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

I thought so, too!

July 12 2012 at 4:49 PM
Teresa  (no login)

Response to I'd be curious for her

I've never heard of such a thing!!! When I had the 8844 beta at 5 weeks, my RE said "normal"

Even in googling this (which I have, to death), I came across ONE message board where the woman who had a DS daughter said her beta was very high early on and that she got a + BFP 8DPO and the way she wrote "the signs were all there" I really didn't put much stock in. It's not scientific data, nor could I find any to back up what she said.

I can't help but wonder why she would say this. I admit I still don't understand too much about the numbers and how they reach them. She said my MoM was 1.5 and the Papp-A was 0.52, Nuchal measurement 1.1 (which was fine) and that with my age...high risk.

I am going to keep focusing on thinking positive. I am thinking about what you said, my measurement was really good, the baby looks good, the nasal bone is there....saying my prayers to St Gerard because I am a prayer and I do believe in the power of prayer!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. My beta at 5 wk was also 8k+ - mel on Jul 12, 2012, 4:56 PM