Started about 2 weeks agoJuly 20 2012 at 5:10 PM
|Teresa (no login)|
Response to When did you start buying stuff for your baby?
We started already, just because we are going to be buying most of it ourselves and thought it's best to start now, since there's alot to get.
I made a mock registry to help me feel more organized about what we need and I've been buying things on sale as I see them. Signed up for coupons for BuyBuyBaby and BabiesRUs and am watching sales as they happen and hitting them up. Once we find out the sex, I plan on grabbing up summer clearance stuff for next summer, I've seen some great end of season sales. And...since I'm home alot, I started entering online contests. I won a whole bunch of things a few weeks ago, including a Mamaroo, which retails for $239, pretty cool (hope the baby thinks so, lol)!
I really want to get the bigger things (crib, car seat, stroller, etc) all done by the end of October because once November hits, the stores start getting crowded for holiday shopping and I'll not want to be in them. The smaller things I can order online.
- I don't think I can even express my jealousy... - Erin on Jul 20, 5:30 PM
- Craigslist is also a good resource - Laura on Jul 20, 5:45 PM
- Contests, Coupons, Price Checking... - Teresa on Jul 20, 5:58 PM
- Thanks Laura and Teresa! - Erin on Jul 23, 12:55 PM
- Word of caution - cbsgirl on Jul 23, 10:15 AM