just posting my update here. i heard back from the genetic counselor that they can't test my blood sample because there is too much maternal DNA in it. they can't separate the fetal DNA so they can't do the test. apparently this is very rare, and doesn't mean anything other than i can't get do the test. i'm incredibly disappointed! i was already wondering if i could live with just the information that the blood test would provide (only testing for the 3 trisomies, not checking all the chromosomes like a CVS or amnio would). now i won't even be able to get that information. i know it is lucky to have this new test in play, just too bad i can't use it
they moved my nuchal U/S up to friday (it was scheduled for next week) so i'll have more time to process and decide if i want to do a CVS next week (i'll be 12 wks next week). i don't see changing my mind about the CVS, i just can't risk the pregnancy, and CVS seems to be a much higher risk for immune patients than amnio. i guess we'll wait and see how it goes friday and then contemplate an amnio.
thanks for listening.