This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

The original practice has 6 doctors...

July 26 2012 at 1:16 PM
Erin  (no login)

Response to how big is your practice?

And then there are 4 more doctors in this other practice. That's 4 doctors that you will never see or meet until delivery. The thing about just choosing a hospital is that c-section rates vary widely by practice even w/in a hospital, as most practices have a sort of philosophy they broadly follow (of course keeping in mind individual situations, etc). Because of both my health history (many abdominal surgeries) and my personal philosophy, I want a natural childbirth if at all possible. If it's not possible/safe and I have to have a c-section, that's fine, but I think different doctors have very different thresholds for steering you towards or away from a c-section sooner rather than later. In MA, we have lots of good hospitals, so that's not really too much of a concern here fortunately.

Thanks so much- I'm still a little overwhelmed but hopefully I'll land somewhere better!

Respond to this message