This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

I am not a trainer....

August 1 2012 at 9:34 AM
MargieD  (no login)

Response to DOGS...question

Just wanted to put the disclaimer out there first... happy.gif

For us - we had the trainer three or four sessions. We could have used more. It was more of teaching/training us, the humans, than the dogs. She taught us ways of dealing with the dogs. It was up to us to enforce & reinforce those rules. If you (and DH) are good about that - then it shouldn't take long.

I didn't see the episode, but I saw that the dogs were taking a liking to DD's toys. Remembering what I learned from the trainer, I made sure to distinguish between DD's toys and the dogs' toys. We haven't had a problem since.

Also - DD's relationship with the dogs have changed since she was born. It's been fun to watch. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks~ - Teresa on Aug 1, 2012, 9:43 AM