This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

Yes!

August 2 2012 at 2:16 PM
mel  (no login)

Response to Just to clarify based on what I've been told...

"the false positive rate is not just high for women who are AMA- it is true across women of all ages"

This statement from Erin is so true and I am living proof. With my DD's pregnancy 4 years ago, my odds from the NT bloodwork screening were WAY worse than they were for this pregnancy and I'm 4 years older now. I was 33 at the time and given a 1:105 chance of DS. The nurse and genetic counselor also told me that the false positive rate for this screening is high. (Ultimately, I had an amnio b/c I couldn't deal with that stress and anxiety.) Needless to say, my DD is perfect and healthy.

I think once this result is combined with the quad screen, then it paints a clearer picture and gets even more clear with the anatomy/level II scan, if people don't feel comfortable with the invasive procedures.

Regardless, it can all be so frustrating. Wishing you the best, Broody.

Respond to this message