Return to Index  

so sad and bewildering!

August 7 2012 at 4:21 PM
Mrs. A  (no login)

Response to Update on bleeding at 16 wks (possible m/c ment.)

I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this. I mean that sincerely. I can only imagine the fear you must have. I truly hope your babies make it.

I don't know your full history so forgive me on that. But I don't understand why you weren't on any progesterone support at all to begin with? Although granted even if you were on P4 you may have been weaned off it by now by the average doctor.

Do you have a history of m/c? Are you AMA? Is this your first ever pregnancy?

Something in your post struck me and that was your comemnt "It's not like I can just run and get pregnant again in a few months....which is what I was made to feel with the "wait and see" approach, this is not just information we can use in the next pregnancy".

I don't know if you know my history and about my P4 saga but short of it is that I am a success of Dr. Che.ck and was on P4 support until week 25. Dr. Che.ck was specifically trying to prevent miscarriage/pre-term labor. My first OB thought I was nuts for being on P4. I had many conversations with Dr. Ch.eck and during one of them he said to me (about my OB), "He doesn't care if you miscarry! He thinks so what, he'll treat you for the miscarriage and then he'll see you when you're pregnant again!" Sounds harsh and sick, right? (Note that at the time Dr. Chec.k and I had very frequent - and frank - contact about my situation so his comments were delivered harshly but were directed at my OB). And when I saw your comment, it made me think back on that. It made me angry about my first OB all over again! because like you said, you're pregnant NOW and this is the pregnancy that matters. And God knows if you'll ever have this chance again!

All that said, I do not believe that you can use Makena/17p shots to stop active labor/miscarriage. FYI - Makena shots are not progesterone like Crinone or Prometrium and the like. It's hydroxyprogesterone.

I don't have time for more, so sorry. I hope those babies hang on very tightly and that you have a big turnaround of events. But God forbid that this doesn't work out, please do find a doctor that will acknowledge (because there are studies!) that P4 could very well be the key here for you. And I would consider a cerclage as well given how thin your cervix has become.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Sincere thanks' - Marti on Aug 7, 2012, 6:44 PM
    1. I am so looking praying for a good outcome for you! - Mrs. A on Aug 8, 2012, 1:03 PM