Yikes..insurance question.August 16 2012 at 12:26 PM
|Teresa (no login)|
Today I received a letter in the mail from EBCBS that they are denying my stay in the hospital because "you are pregnant and being admitted for side and belly pain is not an emergency" REALLY, EBCBS, really?
I am flored. First of all, I asked the Drs the first night we were there, if it was necessary that I be admitted. They told me absolutely yes it was. I had a kidney infection, passed a stone and had to be monitored for preterm labor. As a high risk patient, they would NOT let me leave, until they felt it was safe.
Are we going to be responsible for paying for a 5 day hospital stay and all the tests, ultrasounds of my kidneys and abdomen, IV's etc etc etc...even when the doctors insisted?
My husband is calling them today, but in the meantime, I'm concerned..I can't imagine how much that 5 days in the hospital would even cost but I am sure it's well into the thousands that we would never be able to afford.
Anyone ever get denied and is there anything we can do about this? Should we speak to our OB about this as well, can they do anything?
- Will write more later but please don't worry... - Erin on Aug 16, 12:44 PM
- Thanks for your super quick response and good luck with your scan... - Teresa on Aug 16, 12:57 PM
- I *think* it is against the law - Mrs. A on Aug 16, 1:27 PM
- Thank you Mrs A - Teresa on Aug 16, 2:03 PM
- I agree with the previous posters - Gym girl on Aug 16, 1:46 PM
- your hospital probably just needs to code it differently - Amy on Aug 16, 2:11 PM
- Yes, probably just coding. - Laura on Aug 16, 3:27 PM
- update sort of... - Teresa on Aug 16, 3:36 PM
- ridiculous - BroodyHen on Aug 16, 5:10 PM
- yes! - teresa on Aug 16, 6:18 PM
- Doesn't sound right. - Laura on Aug 16, 8:58 PM
- Yes a copay - Teresa on Aug 17, 5:14 AM
- Agree with Laura - Erin on Aug 16, 11:07 PM